Area for general discussions, where people can rant and chat about anything.

progress

progress

Postby TattieBoJangle » 14 Jan 2019, 01:52

Not been around since the start of April last year and just wondering if any progress has been made apart from the ui skin planetX made just wondering as I booted it up and there was no updates.
Case: CM Storm Trooper CPU: I7 5930k X99 Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Graphics: Asus GTX 1080 Motherboard: Rampage Extreme V x99 Ram: RipJaws DDR4 3000mhz Storage: x2 SSD Crucial 500GB + x5 2TB Hdd PSU: Evga 1500w OS: Windows 10
TattieBoJangle
Skyline Grand Master

Skill: 3D Modeller
Skill: 2D Artist
Skill: Level Designer
Skill: Great creative

Re: progress

Postby SolarPortal » 14 Jan 2019, 12:37

yes lots of progress and bug fixes..

• new character classes close to being usable.
  • GUI editor improvements well a full rewrite
  • Scripting improvements
  • Better engine stability
  • mesh optimizing: merge submeshes that share same material. still finding a way for texture atlasing as it gets awkward with multi textures for diffuse, roughness, metallic, specular, normals, etc... which are all mostly different formats. But still looking into this one, just not a priority for us atm....
  • Also started other branches of skyline's core to build in the integrations of the new physics engine, upgrading core and looking into new features such as screen space decals, advancements on player controllers(ragdoll), area lighting, radiosity, reflection probes.. and getting compatibility across different machines.

so yeah lots going on.

a lot of the work we have been doing is backend stuff that the user does not notice as much.

We will be releasing the engine again as v2.0 once the editor design is fully complete and we have sorted all the issues and major bugs out.. read blogs:
https://aurasoft-skyline.co.uk/moving-away-from-discord
https://aurasoft-skyline.co.uk/skyline-roadmap

We didn't get many updates out at the back end of last year because we were dealing with loss.

Hope you have been keeping yourself well and had a good set of holidays.
Conceive, Quantify & Do!
Skyline Game Engine - Lead Developer.
Please provide as much information as possible when asking for help.

Specs: OS: Win 10 64bit, CPU: Intel i7 3770 3.4ghz x 4 core(8 threads), GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, Ram: 16gig DDR3, Windows on 250gb Samsung Evo 860
SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Skill: Programmer

Re: progress

Postby TattieBoJangle » 14 Jan 2019, 19:49

To be fair I cant remember when the last update for skyline was been so long, but that's good backend stuff is getting done makes me feel so much better for spending all that money :roll:

new character classes close to being usable

That will be good if it gets finished and also good that hood will be able to finally get to use something he spent a small fortune on a good while back or is this something different.

GUI editor improvements

The GUI does look nice sharp and clean nice work there planetx.

Also started other branches of skyline

This is also great news if it ever gets done as not being able to do simple things like using a lift or have something push you travel in a train ect the basics.

We didn't get many updates out at the back end of last year because we were dealing with loss

Yeah i did here about your cats a while back sorry for your loss nothing worse i also lost my dog last year its not nice.

Hope you have been keeping yourself well and had a good set of holidays.

Thanks yeah in good health and a not to bad year overall its all you can hope for I guess hope yours had a nice Christmas and new year filled with gifts.

P.s Thanks for the demotion :lol: that's what I get for asking if anything has been done since August silly me :lol:
Case: CM Storm Trooper CPU: I7 5930k X99 Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Graphics: Asus GTX 1080 Motherboard: Rampage Extreme V x99 Ram: RipJaws DDR4 3000mhz Storage: x2 SSD Crucial 500GB + x5 2TB Hdd PSU: Evga 1500w OS: Windows 10
TattieBoJangle
Skyline Grand Master

Skill: Great creative

Return to Off-Topic